Tutorial on the basics of what an oscilloscope is, how it works and how to use it. The oscilloscope is an electronic "time machine"!
Siglent SDS1072CML Bench Oscilloscope (Bandwidth 70MHz)
In this tutorial / lesson for beginners I cover the following topics on oscilloscopes:
* What is an oscilloscope?
* Oscilloscope basics
* Oscilloscope tutorial
* How does an oscilloscope work?
* How to use an oscilloscope.
* How to read a signal on an oscilloscope screen.
* Time base / scale, seconds per division (s/div), signal scale in volts per division (v / div)
* Horizontal position adjustment, vertical position adjustment, trigger point adjustment.
* high frequency signals, low frequency signals, the period of a signal, square wave signals, pulse width modulated signals (PWM), sine wave signals (sinusoidal), measuring a signal.
* Multimeter comparison to oscilloscope
* Charging a capacitor over time
* Reference / calibration signal
* Oscilloscope probes
INO Measure Co.,Ltd
98/31B, Linh Dong Street, Linh Dong Ward
Thu Duc District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Web : ww.ino.com.vn
Tel: (84) (8) 37200184
Fax: (84) (8) 37200197